Loopers are great pedals to boost your creativity by allowing guitarists to play solos and scales over a repeating riff. They allow you to become a one-person band through their function of layering different guitar loops on top of each other.
There are many artists using looper pedals on the stage, including Ed Sheeran, Tash Sultana, and many more. With interest in these artists, looper pedals got more popular in recent decades,
If you have never used a looper pedal before, you are missing a great deal as with looper pedals, you can play multiple melodies, bass parts, three-chord tracks, and many more, which can increase your creativity and composition skills. You can create harmonically complex tracks and have fun with them as you like.
So here are the best looper pedals you can find today to get started with the world of loopers and expand your musical skills.
- Two-track Looper Pedal with 13 Hours' Stereo Recd Time
- Onboard Rhythm Tracks
- XLR 1/4-inch Inputs
- USB Impt/Expt
- Two-track looper pedal
- 1.5 hours for 1 track, 13 hours of total stereo record time
- LCD screen
- Loop FX, Reverb (rhythm parts)
- XLR and 1/4-inch Inputs, MIDI I/O, USB in-out
- 57 x Rhythms (2 variations), 16 x Rhythm Kits
- Works with 4 x AA Batteries or 9V DC adapter (sold separately)
Boss RC-500 is one of the most popular and best looper pedals you can find today, thanks to its highly versatile system, easy-to-use design, long recording time, and great bonus features like effects and rhythm tracks. With three stomps, the pedal is highly easy to use, which is great as you do not have to make complex tapping moves for your loops.
RC-500 is considered the most powerful looper Boss with its versatility and high features. The ports allow you to use the pedal with MIDI devices as well as a computer. There are stereo outputs, MIDI in/out, instrument and microphone inputs, high-quality effects, and onboard rhythm tracks, with 16 drum kits and 57 preset rhythms.
TC Electronic Ditto X2
- Dedicated Start/Stop Button
- Loop Import/Export and Backing tracks
- Looper effects: Stop, Reverse and Half Speed
- style: Ditto X2
- Simple to use a looper pedal
- Upgraded version of one of the most popular looper pedals
- 5-minute record capacity
- Great looper effects, including half speed, reverse looping, or both
- 2 x 1/4″ (L/R) inputs, 2 x 1/4″ (L/R) outputs
- Mini-B Type USB port for importing and exporting looper files
- 2 x 9V or 9V DC adapter (sold separately)
TC Electronic Ditto X2 is the upgraded version of TC Electronic’s famous looper Ditto. It can record up to 5 minutes of 24-bit audio with unlimited overdubbing. The pedal is highly easy to use thanks to the 1-button design, and it allows you to use great looper effects such as half speed or reverse looping, or both at the same time.
You can import or export looper files from your computer with the USB port. You can also use the JamTrackCentral library for different looper files. The pedal also has 2 stereo input and 2 stereo output ports for extensive configuration options.
Chase Bliss Audio Blooper – Bottomless Looper
- High-fidelity looper pedal
- 2-track looper system
- Volume, Layers, Repeat, Mod A, Stability, Mod B controls
- Innovative manipulation modes and great effects range
- In, Out, Expression, MIDI, USB ports
- 9V DC power supply
Chase Bliss Audio Blooper – Bottomless Looper is a great looper pedal with amazing versatility if you have more than a looper pedal to play on. It gives you a great range of effects and innovative manipulation modes to shape your one-person band. Some are Smooth Speed, Dropper, Trimmer, Stepped Speed, Scrambler, Dual-mode filter, Swapper, Stutter, and more.
You can use the Additive mode for adding the modifiers directly into your loop. It allows you to use 8 layers of undo/redo for time jumps and carefree overdubbing. The pedal gives great options to shape your loops and customize your backing tracks.
Pigtronix Infinity Looper Pedal
- 2 Stereo Loops with Sync
- Loop 2 Multiplier x1, x2, x3, x4, x6
- Series or Parallel Looping Modes, 9 loop presets + 1 blank canvas
- 24bit / 48kHz recording, Latency Free Looping
- Advanced, practical, and creative dual-stereo looper pedal
- Allows you to create loops in parallel (standard) or in series to create complex grooves
- 24-bit/48kHz studio-quality audio
- Loop 2 Multiplier allows you to create different length loops with x1, x2, x3, x4, x6
- 9 x loop presets plus 1 x blank canvas
- MIDI and USB connectivity, Stereo In-Outs
- Internal SD Card
Pigtronix Infinity Looper Pedal is another versatile looper pedal that allows you to record, playback, dub, undo and redo on two stereo loop pairs. The pedal features analog limiter stages, transparent analog pass-through, and a 24bit / 48kHz HD recording engine. Another great feature is the “SYNC MULTI” mode, which allows the users to use the multiplier function for Loop 2 to make it 1, 2, 3, 4, or 6 times the length of Loop 1.
Furthermore, the pedal has 9 loops presets and a blank canvas to work with. Plus, it has MIDI and USB connectivity along with double Stereo input and output ports. It also has an internal SD card to record your work.
- Simple stereo looper with footswitch and stompbox
- 12 minutes of total looper time
- Straightforward, easy-to-use design
- 24-segment LED indicators
- 2 x 1/4″ input, 2 x 1/4″ output ports
- 1 x 9V battery or 9V DC power supply (sold separately)
Boss RC-1 is a quite popular and simple looper pedal for guitarists who want a basic looper without getting things complicated. It allows you to create loops of 12 minutes in total, while the easy operation gives way to more focus on your playing.
The pedal has double stereo input and output ports along with 24-segment LED indicators that help you on the stage. The pedal is great for live occasions and jams as well as practice sessions to easily transform yourself into a multiple-guitarist band.
Electro-Harmonix 720 Stereo Looper
- Stereo looper pedal with 12 minutes of looping capacity
- Unlimited overdubbing
- 10 independent loops
- The capability of looping 2 instruments at once
- Footswitchable undo and redo
- Half-speed and reverse effects are available
- 2 x 1/4″ (left, right) inputs , 1 x 1/4″ (external foot controller), 2 x 1/4″ (left, right) outputs
- 1 x 9V battery and 9V DC adapter (sold separately)
Electro-Harmonix 720 Stereo Looper is a great looper pedal with a foolproof footswitch layout for hands-free operation. The 720 comes from the pedal’s 12-minute or 720 seconds capacity of looping time. It can store 10 independent loops and can be used with an external three-button footswitch to use the undo-redo features as well as up-down controls for the banks.
You can control the banks with knobs and use the two footswitches on the pedal for a start and stop functions. The pedal also has effects such as half-speed and reverse functions. Finally, there is the fade-out feature, which slowly fades the playing loop when you are finishing.
MXR M303 Clone Looper
- 6-minute analog looper pedal with effects
- Double-speed, Half-speed, and Reverse effects
- High-fidelity 88.2kHz sample rates
- Unlimited layers
- 1 x 1/4″ input, 1 x 1/4″ output, 1 x 1/4″ (control), 1 x 1/4″ (expression) ports
- 9V DC power supply (included)
MXR M303 Clone Looper is a great simple looper pedal without extra bells and whistles if you want a straightforward looper for your live setup. It has one knob and two footswitches for basic operation and allows up to 6-minutes of looping time with unlimited layers.
The pedal also has three effects, including Double-speed, Half-speed, and Reverse effects, along with Play Once mode to activate sounds or re-trigger them with DJ-style stutter effects. Finally, the pedal features high-fidelity 88.2kHz sample rates for top-quality sound.
Singular Sound Aeros Loop
- Play 6 song parts and 6 tracks per song with unlimited overdubs for each....
- More than just a looper, the Aeros lets you mix your master volume or...
- LCD screens and color-coded waveforms make Aeros the most intuitive looper...
- Plug and play up to three instruments with multiple inputs/outputs and...
- 6-track looper pedal
- 3 hours (mono), 1.5 hours (stereo) total looping time
- Up to 36 Loops per song
- Easy navigation with a touchscreen
- Parallel-sequential loops, unlimited overdubs
- 2 x 1/4″ (L/mono, R), 1 x 1/4″ (stereo aux) inputs
- 2 x 1/4″ (L/mono, R), 1 x 1/4″ (stereo aux) outputs
- MIDI in-out, USB Micro-B ports
- Wi-Fi and Bluetooth connection for updates
- 9V DC power adapter (included)
Singular Sound Aeros Loop is an innovative looper pedal that finds the sweet spot between a traditional looper and a DAW. It allows you to create 36 loops per song and record up to 48 hours to the SD card while giving you the capacity to craft unlimited overdubs to each loop. Furthermore, it offers simultaneous parallel and sequential looping for endless creativity.
The touchscreen makes navigation quite easy, while the wide range of ports increases versatility. There is also Wi-Fi and Bluetooth connection option for software updates, making this pedal one of the most versatile and strongest looper pedals out there.
NUX Loop Core
- Record and overdub as many layers as you need;up to 6 hours recording...
- 99 user memories;built-in drum patterns with tap tempo
- Change the playback tempo of your recorded phrases without changing the key
- Switching phrases without latency;Extensional pedal (optional) for more...
- Simple looper pedal with 6 hours of recording time
- Mono or stereo recording options
- Unlimited overdubs
- Built-in drum patterns with tap tempo
- Option to change the tempo of recordings without changing the key
- Compact size
- 9V batteries or 9V AC adapter (sold separately)
NUX Loop Core is a simple looper pedal that allows up to 6 hours of total recording time, either mono or stereo. Besides unlimited overdubs, the pedal also has onboard drum patterns you can create with the tap-tempo option.
Another great feature is the option to change the tempo of your recording without changing the key, which gives way to new creative possibilities. The pedal is quite compact and has a straightforward design for guitarists who are not familiar with the looper pedals to get more comfortable.
Line 6 DL4 MK2
- Identical knob and footswitch layout as the original DL4
- 30 delays total: 15 new MkII delays drawn from the HX family of amp and...
- 2 Looper types—mono/stereo and pre/post signal path options
- Up to 240 seconds of looping time, or several hours with optional microSD...
- Digital delay modeler pedal with a 240-seconds looper
- 30 Delay and 15 Reverb models onboard
- 6 User, 128 MIDI presets
- 2 minutes (stereo), 4 minutes (mono) looping time (expandable to several hours with microSD card)
- Tap tempo function
- 2 x 1/4″ TS (L/mono, R), 1 x XLR (mic/instrument) inputs
- 2 x 1/4″ TS (L/mono, R) outputs
- 1 x 1/4″ expression/dual external footswitch/one of each port
- MIDI in-out, USB-C ports
- 9V DC 500mA power supply (included)
The upgrade of the DL4 Delay Modeler, Line 6 DL4 MK2, is a great delay pedal with a digital circuit and 30 delay and 15 reverb models, along with a 240-second looper. It features 6 user-and-128 MIDI presets ready onboard. The pedal offers 2 minutes of stereo and 4 minutes of mono looper time, which are expandable to several hours with the micro SD card port.
Furthermore, the pedal has quite a good range of input and output ports, including mic input. You can also use an external expression pedal with the available port. If you want a great delay pedal that offers a decent looper function Line, the 6 DL4 MK2 might be the one for you.
Boss RC-10R Rhythm Loop Station
- Stereo Looper Pedal f Guitar Bass
- with 280 Rhythm Presets
- 99 Phrase Recding Slots
- 6-hour Recding Capacity
- 2-track stereo looper pedal for guitar and bass with a 6-hour recording capacity
- 280 Rhythm Presets, 99 Phrase Memories, 50 User Rhythms, 16 Drum Kits
- 99 Phrase Recording Slots
- Reverb effect for rhythm tracks
- 2 x 1/4″ input, 2 x 1/4″ output ports
- MIDI 1 x 1/8″ (in), 1 x 1/8″ (out) and USB Type-B ports
- 1 x 1/4″ TRS (expression/control) port
- 9V DC power supply (included)
Boss is the main name when it comes to looper pedals, and the RC-10R Rhythm Loop Station is one of the great looper pedals in their range. It is a 2-track stereo looper pedal with 6 hours of recording capacity and a great drum machine with over 280 rhythm presets and 16 drum kits.
You can upload up to 50 user rhythm tracks and loops with the SMF format and the software editor. The output and input port range are quite wide, as it allows you to connect computers, MIDI devices as well as stereo instrument jacks as you like.
Red Panda Tensor
- Tape speed from reverse to stop to forward
- Time stretching up to 4x
- Pitch shifting from -2 to +2 octaves
- 3 hold modes with forward/reverse/alternating direction
- Digital pitch and time-shifter pedal with a multidirectional looper
- Modulation, Tape Stops, Reverse, Time Stretch, Stutter, and more effects
- 9.4 seconds (mono), 4.7 seconds (stereo) looping time
- 1 x 1/4″ TS/TRS input, 1 x 1/4″ TS/TRS output ports
- MIDI In/USB and USB Mini-B ports
- 1 x 1/4″ TRS (expression, control voltage, tap tempo, MIDI in, remote switch) port
- Analog Buffered, DSP, Kill Dry, Analog+FX Level, Auto Bypass Switching
- Red Panda Web Editor software
- 9V DC power supply (sold separately)
Red Panda Tensor is a versatile digital pitch and time shifter pedal that offers a multidirectional looper. The looping time is quite short, with 9.4 seconds (mono) and 4.7 seconds (stereo), but it allows you to build foundational parts with three individual modes you can use. These are overdub, record, and next modes.
With an external switch, you can also use the tap tempo function, which makes things quite easier. Plus, the Red Panda Web Editor software offers more effects and customizations whenever you need it. In short, if you want a pitch-shifter pedal with versatile functions, including a basic looper, Red Panda Tensor is a good choice.
- The TRIO+ is a simple-to-use guitar pedal that listens to the way you play...
- The TRIO+ reads your guitar signal in real time and creates Bass and Drum...
- TRIO+ offers guitar looping in addition to Band Creator Bass and Drum...
- The TRIO+ provides 12 music genres to choose from including: blues, R&B,...
- Versatile band creator and looper pedal with automatic bass and drum parts
- Unique circuit and design
- Presets in 12 genres and 12 styles
- 5-part loop sequencer
- 1 x 1/4″ (instrument), 1 x 1/4″ (FX return) inputs
- 1 x 1/4″ (amp out), 1 x 1/4″ (mixer out), 1 x 1/4″ (FX send) outputs
- 1 x 1/8″ headphones out and 1 x 1/4″ (FS3X footswitch) ports
- USB Mini-B port
- Micro SD card slot
- 9V DC power supply (included)
DigiTech Trio+ allows you to be a real one-person band with its amazing features, including automatic band and drum parts in 12 genres and 12 styles. Plus, you get a 5-part loop sequencer to play on top of the backing tracks created for you, which removes the necessity of other instruments playing beside you.
The pedal is different than other traditional looper pedals with its unique circuit and design. It is similar to the powerful JamMan line of looping effects. With a single stomp, you can record, playback, undo, and redo songs at a whim. It is a highly versatile looper and band creator pedal to create songs just on your own.
- Easy-To-Use & Made-To-Move - 7” high-resolution display with intuitive...
- Ultimate Control – 12 built-in footwitches for creating and transforming...
- Connectivity Covered – Four combo XLR+ ¼ -inch inputs with dedicated...
- Endless Storage - Over 8 hours of internal recording time, over 300...
- Powerful and versatile 4-in/4-out Stereo Looper Pedal
- 7″ Touchscreen for easier operation
- 4-track Stereo; Loop Modes: Fixed, Free, Serial, Sync, Serial-Sync
- Unlimited looping time
- 300 Built-in loops
- 8 x Effects per Virtual Rack
- 4 x XLR-1/4″ combo, 1 x 1/8″ (aux in) inputs
- 2 x 1/4″, 2 x XLR outputs and 1 x 1/4″ headphone port
- MIDI In, Out/Thru and 2 x USB Type A, 1 x USB Type B ports
- 1 x 1/4″ (expression) port
- SD Card and USB Flash Drive ports
- 19V DC 3.4A power supply (included)
HeadRush Looperboard is one of the most versatile and powerful looper pedals as it is solely made for one thing: looping. It features unlimited looping time along with 300 built-in loops ready for you. The looper is a 4-track stereo looper with five different looper modes, including fixed, free, serial, sync, and serial-sync modes.
There is an SD card slot, USB flash drive port, and USB ports for recording, while the high range of input-output options increases the versatility. The 7” touchscreen makes the customizations and navigation quite easy, and you can find up to 40 FX options in the pedal for shaping your tone. It is the ultimate looper pedal for musicians who want everything about looping under their arms.
Hotone Wally Looper Pedal
- Provides over 15 minutes of loop time with unlimited overdubbing
- 44.1 kHz sample rate for high quality layering
- Loop level and tempo control knobs
- Master volume knob lights up for optimal use on dark stages
- Simple loop station pedal with up to 15 minutes of recording time
- Basic design with a transparent top knob and 2 small glow-in-the-dark knobs
- STATE Button
- Zinc Alloy Outer Cover
- 1 x 1/4“ input, 1 x 1/4“ output
- 9-volt DC power adapter (sold separately)
Hotone Wally is a basic and affordable looper pedal with a compact and stylish design with cool LED lights onboard. It allows up to 15 minutes of recording time, which is enough for most beginner and intermediate-level looper pedal users. It has a top knob and 2 small knobs for operation, along with a STATE button and a stomp.
The pedal is quite compact and durable with a zinc alloy outer cover, making it look stylish with the yellow color. Overall, it is a basic pedal but gets the job done on most occasions. If you don’t want to complicate things, this pedal is perfect.
Vox Lil’ Looper
- Dual pedal design allows recording, playback, overdubbing, and switching...
- Record for a total of 90 seconds on 2 independent loops plus infinite...
- Loop Quantize lets you create phrases of a precise length or synchronize...
- Instrument input and XLR Mic input; Loop one or both sources for more...
- Highly versatile looper and multi-effects pedal
- 90 seconds of total looping time with 2 independent loops
- Sound-on-sound recording option for unlimited overdubs
- 12 effects for guitars and vocals, including comp, crunch, overdrive, distortion, chorus, phaser, mod delay, and more
- Tap tempo and loop quantize features
- 1/4“ input for guitars and XLR input for mics
- Headphones port
- Separate controls for dual looper modes
- Compact design
- AA alkaline battery x 6, (Option) AC Adapter (sold separately)
Vox Lil’ Looper is more than just a looper pedal, as it is also a great multi-fx unit to craft your tone from scratch. It has 12 different effects to build your tone, while the pedal allows for up to 90-seconds of looping time with 2 independent loop options. Plus, it has a sound-on-sound recording feature for you to create unlimited overdubs.
The pedal has two stomps along with 2 knobs and several buttons on the control panel to navigate through the effects and looper modes. It also has the loop quantize feature with tap tempo to create your phrases exactly as you like with precise length. Vox Lil’ Looper might be ideal for you if you are after an all-in-one unit.
Digitech Jam Man Stereo Looper
- Store over 35 minutes of stereo, CD quality loops in 99 internal memories
- Optional SDHC card can store over 16 hours of CD quality audio in 99...
- Reverse playback
- 4 heavy duty metal foot switches for looping and loop selection; connect to...
- Powerful stereo looper pedal with 35 minutes of total recording time
- 99 internal memory slots
- Recording time can be increased up to 16 hours with the SDHC slot
- CD-quality loops
- Reverse playback mode
- JamManager Loop Librarian software to organize and archive recorded loops
- USB, Aux, Balanced XLR mic input ports
- Metronome with multiple rhythm sounds
- 3 Stop modes (Stop, Finish, and Fade)
- 9 V DC power supply included
Digitech Jam Man Stereo Looper is the main looper pedal of the Digitech brand line, which comes with a 35-minute internal CD-quality looping time capacity. The capacity can be increased thanks to the SDHC card slot, which allows you up to 16 hours of recording time. There are 99 memory slots to recall and play your loops, and if it is not enough, you can connect the device to the computer and use the JamManager Loop Librarian software to archive and organize your records.
Furthermore, it has a metronome with multiple rhythm sounds as well as 3 record stop modes, including stop, finish, and fade features. The input-output range is quite traditional, with adding an aux-in for using mp3 and different tracks with your loops.
- 75 effects
- 14 Amp models
- Up to 5 effects can be used simultaneously
- 100 memory locations
- Guitar Multi-effects Pedal with 100 Effects (up to 5 at once), 22 Amp Modes, 30-second Looper, 68 Rhythms, Tuner, Headphone Out, and Stereo Aux In
- Multi-fx pedal with a 30-second looper
- 100 effect choices with the ability to use 5 at once, including distortion, modulation, delay, reverb, amp modeling, and more
- 22 Amp modes
- 68 rhythm tracks
- Built-in tuner
- Headphone out and Aux-In ports
- Large backlit LCD screen
If you are after an all-rounder multi-fx pedal with a decent looper, ZOOM G1on is a great choice with its versatile effect choices and a 30-second looper. The pedal has everything you need, from rhythm tracks to amp modes and great effects, including delay, reverb, distortion, modulation, and many more.
You can use 5 effects at once to shape your tone while the large LCD screen helps you navigate different features and modes. It has headphones, and aux-in ports for extra versatility and the price for this multi-fx unit is much less than you would expect. Overall, a great all-in-one pedal to use on the stage, in the studio, or at home for practices.
Mooer Other Micro Looper Loop Recording Pedal
- Record, playback, stop, overdub and delete, all these functions can be...
- This gives you an easy and direct operation experience
- Simple looper pedal with basic controls
- Up to 30 minutes of recording time
- Unlimited overdubbing times
- Simple design with a single knob and stomp
- Compact size
- 9V DC power supply (sold separately)
If you want to have a simple and affordable looper pedal to step into the looping world, Other Micro Looper might be a good choice for you. It features only a single knob for loop volume level along with a single stomp for play, record, stop, overdub and delete. It can record up to 30 minutes which is quite enough for most beginner players.
Furthermore, it is a compact pedal that would not take up much space on your pedalboard. It works with a standard 9V DC adapter, but it is sold separately.
- 70 onboard high-quality digital effects (68 effects, 1 looper pedal, and 1...
- 5 amp emulators, 5 cabinet emulators, and 75 custom-designed factory...
- Use up to 7 effects/amps/cabinets simultaneously, chained together in any...
- Stereo/mono looper allows recording of up to 80 seconds of phrase recording
- Multi-effects pedal with 80 seconds looper
- Over 70 effects, 5 amp models, 5 cab models
- Three footswitches
- 1 x 1/4″ (instrument), 1 x 1/8″ TRS (aux in) inputs
- 2 x 1/4″ (main out, headphones) outputs
- MIDI USB port, 1 x 1/4″ (control in), USB Mini-B port
- Zoom Guitar Lab patch manager software
- 9V DC power supply (included)
Zoom G3N is one of the most popular multi-fx pedals in the market today, thanks to its high range of effects, ease of use, and great features such as rhythm tracks and 80-second looper. It features more than 70 effects, 5 amp models, and 5 cabinet models, along with the Zoom Guitar Lab patch management software for further customization or uploading different effects.
This is a great pedal for beginners as it has all you need in a single device. You can shape your tone while learning have to play with looper and connect it to different devices, such as a computer or external MIDI gear, to explore the possibilities.
Looper pedals are great devices to boost your creativity and become a one-person band with your single instrument. They allow you to create the backing tracks for your solos or melodies so you can build your song as you like without the need for other players around you.
So these are some of the best looper pedals in the market today for different needs and budgets. You can check any of them without hesitation to find the most suitable one for you.
If you found this article useful, you may want to save this pin below to your Guitar board.
Last update on 2023-02-06 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API